LiDAR is the process of using lasers to send out pulses that bounce back, ultimately allowing us to measure the distance from the optical source to the target object or surface. Data is collected in the form of point clouds, which are then used to create highly detailed 3D maps. These models can be used to see highly detailed geometric information as well as colorized elevation models.
With data collected through LiDAR, we can:
OUR UAV LiDAR PROCESS:
- Includes pre-planning flights in 3D for maximum efficiency
- Offers an extremely cost-effective alternative to traditional LiDAR services
- Collects accurate data in spite of the presence of overhead obstructions
- Gathers data at various ranges
- Provides data with relative accuracies of up to 5cm
- Delivers fast turnaround on scanning and surveying projects
- Includes data analysis and report preparation to your specifications
LiDAR LIGHT DETECTION + RANGING
create highly detailed 3D maps using lasers
PUTTING LiDAR TO WORK
Monitor civil structural health and collect data that will help you prioritize public safety and maximize tax dollars. Track and analyze the capacity of a structure to serve its intended purpose. Execute thorough and cost-effective road surface surveys. Analyze rail and airport structural integrity. Monitor and scan water treatment cooling towers.
Get a rapid survey of overhead power lines. Obtain models of substations, wind turbines, and solar power plants.
Get nearly instant, accurate 3D reports showing actual progress vs. planned progress—a cost-effective alternative to photographs. Model existing buildings to plan retrofitting and refurbishment projects. Create realistic virtual home models for real estate.
Identify and analyze risks in a wide range of environments. Create models that portray what occurred during a loss event. Detect various geometric issues.